Photography School in English
The school entitles you to apply for a visa
- Photography career perspectives
- How to apply
- Language requirements
- Duration and fees
- Summer courses
- Contact us
- Why Cracow?
- Facebook Photography School
- Instagram Photography School
- Polish talent support
- Photography School reviews
- Weekend Photography School
Number of places is limited. There are no entry exams. Classes are held in English.
The 2 year full-time program of the School of Creative Photography ( Poland, Europe) ends up with diploma collection of photographs on a chosen theme. The graduates receive diploma – Fine Art Photographer. Every student presents his work during an individual exhibition in one of the galleries in Krakow . The educational philosophy is not to cram in information, but to release creative potential. This is accomplished through the personal attention. The school’s program is composed in the way that allows student to study all photography techniques. The School of Creative Photography ( Poland, Europe) is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture, and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory. Photography School owns a professional computer lab, fully equipped in Adobe programmes package.
There are separate workshops for wedding photography, fashion photography, commercial graphics, advertising photography, staging photography, photography Falt-lay, product photography, food photography, portrait, nude photography , reportage photography, figure photography, architecture photography, still life photography, experimental photography, landscape photography and visual arts, computer classes, presentation techniques and composition in photography . There also separate workshop for gumprint (an old technique which changes ordinary photos into extremely attractive artistic works in long lasting handmade process) and for liquid light photography (technique of pacing photography on different background like stones, wood, etc., involving use of specific emulsion). Except for regular classes students can attend photography studio for free.
The school is located in a pleasant and historic part of the city, an area characterized by its 19th century buildings. It’s location is both central (less than one mile from the Wawel Castle) and convenient – a two minute walk from public transport.
School has two modern buildings.
Central to the school’s philosophy is a concept of the artist-teacher. All teachers are employed part-time so they are able to pursue their professional carriers alongside their teaching. Many are established and distinguished photographers and bring to the school their invaluable professional experience. This system ensures that the students are taught by a variety of individuals who offer different perspectives. All teachers place a high value on initiative, entrepreneurship, determination, evidence of experimentation, and the students’ willingness to look at the chosen subject with a fresh eye and an enquiring and critical mind. General arts classes are taught by university professors, artists with great professional achievements, participating in many international exhibitions We invite also international experts in various fields of photography and art: Lucia Benická (Slovakia), Gary Baseman (USA), Mark Bickerstaffe (UK), Ernestine Ruben (USA), Naomi Rosenblum (USA), Martin Pegler (UK), Carol Morgan (UK) and more. The educational philosophy is not to cram an information but to release creative potential. This is accomplished through the personal attention. Our success is based entirely on the flexibility, variety and quality of the curriculum we offer. We attract students who want to invest in a creative education as their first step towards a fulfilling and expressive future.
Number of places is limited. There are no entry exams.
Education at our school entitles you to apply fot Polish visa.
Admission is open to any applicant with a high school diploma. No former study in the field of art is required, however, it is advantageous. It has been proven, that students without former artistic experience may have the talent to benefit enormously from taking our course of study. All that is required is a true interest in photography, creativity and commitment. We are dedicated to providing entry to people within age range and from diverse backgrounds. No portfolio is required. Although most of our students will one day work on assignment or begin their own businesses, some complete the course simply for the satisfaction that achievement brings.
When to apply
Application and admission are possible throughout the year. International students are strongly encouraged to apply early to allow time to complete all admission requirements. The school year starts at the beginning of October and lasts until around 20th of June. There are no extra entries in spring.
How to apply
- send to us an international student application form (DOWNLOAD)
- send to us signed school regulations DOWNLOAD
- pay the registration fee
- only for people who have to apply for visa:
pay the tuition fee for the first semester if it is required by Polish Embassy
The admission process is completed only when all components of the application reach the school and the registration fee reaches our bank account.
Other required documents:
- Original certified copy of high school or university diploma with official, notary traslation into English by a court approved translator (if not in English)
- 4 photos
- A photocopy of the passport page with photo and personal data
- Confirmation of payment of entrance fee
- Health insurance arranged with insurance agency before coming to Poland, translated into English
Reservation of addmission
The students should fill in application form (in the attachment), scan it and send the signed document to: email@example.com. Reservation for admission will be held for four weeks until all other documents reach the school by post and the registration fee reaches our bank account.
Completed application form with all other required documents should be posted to the following address:
Krakowskie Szkoły Artystyczne
ul. Zamoyskiego 52,
30-523 Kraków, Poland
Certificate of eligibility
After receiving all application documents and the registration fee, the school will issue by mail or post a Certificate of Eligibility, which may be necessary when applying for visa in Polish consulates. If a student needs a visa please let us know promptly about it.
Accommodation in Krakow
ERASMUSU is the largest students community in Europe. You will be able to book verified accommodation through a safe system, not only in Krakow but also all around the world if you are planning to study abroad. You can also look up information about different cities and universities, read about experiences, check out destinations, reviews and evaluations or internship offers. Check our accommodations now.
What we offer in Erasmusu:
- 30% of discount with the code KSA30 entering through this link
- Customized email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book in Erasmusu: Book the accommodation by paying the first month. The landlord has 48 hours to accept or refuse your offer. Once it is accepted, you can contact the landlord.
Offer your accommodation by clicking here
Classes will be held in English and command of English language on intermediate level is required. English classes are held for two years and Polish classes are held for first year of education. We advise to complete at least one month Polish course prior to the beginning of the school year to make your life in Poland easier or to take Polish language courses in your country.
For our perspective students who decide to study Polish in Krakow we are opening one month language course in September. Total cost of the month course (80 hours) is 300 Euros . The cost for people who are not our students is 400 Euro(80 hours). Payment must reach our bank account till 30 of July.
We recommend the following schools of Polish language.
Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design
ul. Zamoyskiego 52, 30-523 Kraków
tel. +48122662111, +48126561726
Full time: 2 year (4 semesters).
Weekly attendance 25-27 hours per week.
Education at our school entitles you to Polish visa.
Education fees in the school year 2019/2020:
Students are liable for bank charges and must instruct your bank accordingly.
Registration fee: 150 Euro
Education fees: 780 Euro per semester
Fees must be paid by transfer in Euro. Payment before the 15th of September and 15th of February.
Education fees for non EU Citizens
Education fees in the school year 2019/2020:
Students are liable for bank charges and must instruct your bank accordingly.
Registration fee: 250 Euro
Edcuation fees: 1500 Euro per Semester
Fees must be paid by transfer in Euro. Payment before the 15th of September and 15th of February.
Intensive Polish Language Course
Total cost of the course for our prospective students is 250 Euros per month (80 hours) which is much less in other Polish courses in Cracow (groups 5-10 people). Payment must reach our account by 30th of June. Price for people who are not going to study with us is 300 Euros.
The bank account details:
Krakowskie Szkoły Artystyczne,
ul. Zamoyskiego 52, 30-523 Kraków, Poland
Santander Bank Polska
IBAN: PL06 1910 1048 2102 2006 1786 0002
- The above prices are valid until 31st of December 2018.
- The registration fee and education fees are non-refundable. No allowance is made for non attendance.
- There are no extra fees for taking part is scheduled fashion shows.
- The fees do not include the cost of materials necessary for attending classes such as paints,drawing paper, fabrics for collection, although the school may occasionally provide some necessary materials for students.
- Education fees are payable in advance and students who are in arrears will not be allowed to enroll for the next year.
- Many students may be eligible for financial assistance from their local education authority,in such cases the school is happy to provide any documentation to assist students in obtaining financial aid.
Average cost of living in Krakow
The average rent for a one bedroom apartment is around 300 Euros per month. You can also share a flat with other students and lessen the cost dramatically. We can recommend reliable owners and estate agents. The best time for seeking an apartment is July and August. Monthly cost of living for a single person in Krakow is 200-250 Euros.
Courses and workshops – click here
phone: 0048 12 656 17 26, 0048 12 266 21 11
Polish and English only.
9.00 A.M. – 4.00 P.M. (Central European Time (CET) +01 UTC
11 reasons to study in Krakow
Krakow is the cultural capital of Poland. It’s a historic city whose unique atmosphere is created by its numerous students!
Did you know…
- everything here is within walking distance, so you’re always in the middle of things
- it’s a city that never sleeps
- Krakow is a place where dreams come true
- only here you will find Kazimierz, a charming quarter with hundreds of magical and thought-provoking locations
- the people in Krakow are truly kind-hearted and helpful
- there’s always something happening here: you can attend cultural events, performances and festivals
- the city’s renowned artistic circles will welcome you
- Europe’s biggest main square is located in the heart of the city
- Krakow is truly a place to fall in love with
- it’s a city which constantly attracts and inspires
- you can spend the best years of your life here – and you will not want to leave!
„Krakow best European city trip 2014” – see more
Would you like to study in Krakow and develop your artistic interests? Do you want to turn your passion into a profession? Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design is your best choice! Find out more by phone at (+48)122662111 or e-mail email@example.com
fot. Andreas Thomasberger
fot. Dawid H. Groński
Facebook SKF – click here
Instagram SKF – click here
POLISH TALENT SUPPORT – click here
- „I’ve learned all areas of photography. It was challenging English group. However it is a good opportunity to learn Polish in the place. School provides Polish classes included in the school price and teachers are always helpful. I highly recommend the school for its level of education also the city itself is full of art / cultural activities.”/Güler Soysal TURKEY
- 2 years in the School was an amazing time. The School is really specific in my opinion. That’s what I really liked about the school. The spirit and atmosphere. The teachers are very helpful and open – minded what I appreciate the most. They let you be yourself. . ” – Michaela Metesova (www.michaelametesova.com, www.partofstreet.com) – graduate of the School of Creative Photography -Slovakia
- If it was not for School of Creative Photography, I would probably not be in the same place where I am now. I was able to set up a company and started to be self-employed before I was twenty-two. I loved classes at the School very much and sometimes I miss the atmosphere, challenges and Ms Marzena Kolarz who, like no one else, was able to discover our best sides. These four semesters at the School of Creative Photography have given me more than I could have imagined: they helped me to believe in myself and my abilities, but also taught me to look critically at my work; I was often torned out of the comfort zone, thanks to which it turned out that many areas that I thought were completely foreign to me became closer to my heart than I could have ever imagined. And the School has showed me what kind of photographer I want to be and gave me the opportunity to create a diploma that I can be proud of. I would not exchange these two years for anything else. ” – Agata Weber – a graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „Two years ago, I figured out that I need something more in life. I was professionally stable and happy with my family, but… I felt a lack of something just for me. I have found it in a place where I always wanted to go back. For many years Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design was in my head for various reasons and I was always saying that I will go back there. I did. And I am very happy about this.
I wasn’t expecting that two years at School of Creative Photography will cost so much effort. This is not a school for those who want to linger, blink from work or just finish it. You don’t go to this school to just snap some photos. It doesn’t mean that I was hoping to do nothing, but I didn’t expect such a large scope of work. I’m not saying that’s a minus – for me it was very pleasant surprise. In such a situation victory tastes better .
The staff taking up the challenge of teaching at this school is amazing. Each of them and all together create a unique atmosphere. Everyone give something different, but in their own unique way. Their requirements are big, however I take it as an advantage. Each photographic exercise causes the opening of another chapter in head. I have open mine so much that it would be good to repeat a year. During revelatory activities a man comes to know that he doesn’t know a thing, but the knowledge is shared in such a way that you’re up to thank that you discovered it.
The whole path through various fields of photography is also extremely valuable. Experimental, traditional, digital photography, variety of subjects. Each of these things open minds, but only to those who want to open them, without restrictions on the specific sphere of the art of photography. A man learns a lot of interesting things about himself. For example that he’s not that great in field he considered as his future work, but he turns out to be great in a field that he wouldn’t expect.
To make it not that sweet, I admit that not everything is perfect. Nowhere is. However, when it comes about the general view – while leaving school, I have a feeling of great satisfaction. Satisfaction about work that teachers did to educate my art-refractory mind, about the program that school offers, and about the scope of work that I had to put into obtaining a diploma. Everything contributes to success.
And since I’ve already mentioned the diploma I have to warn you. It is not easy to finish this school. A necessity to pass the semester while working on the diploma, creating a portfolio and preparing an exhibition – it’s craziness. However, the experience gained while implementing the school’s requirements in mentioned areas – it’s priceless. Big requirements, but that’s the thing if someone wants to learn. Really learn. The satisfaction you get at the end of the road is a motivation for further work. I recommend Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design with a clear conscience, especially when it comes to search your own place on Earth, developing your talents or simply checking your strengths in the art of photography.” – Kasia Szymańska-Polek – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „I remember this torment, the fight for the studio, the emptiness in my head when a naked model appeared in front of my camera. These awful hours of postproduction
and corrections during credits, this boring product photography , architecture and for me not really necessary composition classes .This School will give you just as much (and as much) as you want to take from it. Teachers are like parents supporting but also very demanding.They expect a lot from you because their passion is to motivate you, to kill your laziness and ” whatever comes let it come” attitude. You can „swim” through this school and do nothing, and you can take advantage of knowledge and experience, you can change your whole life and open up for new perspectives. After diploma you feel that you can do everything. „- Wiktoria Wilk – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „School of Creative Photography provides for 2 years so many wonderful memories that it is very difficult to point something most impressive, but for sure I will not forget the already famous nights at school – it can not be repeated or described. The School has helped me a lot in my professional development in fashion photography. There were always great emotions at class, Ms. Marzena knew how to motivate us to do the next exercise. I will remember all teachers very well because I have learned very useful things from everybody and sometimes they told – especially the Director – super anecdotes that caused a great atmosphere at class. I recommend Cracow School of Art to everyone – you can not describe it – you have to live it! „- Bastek Czernek – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „It’s the best college I went to, I regret that it was only two years. I recommend the School to everybody who want to learn not only photography but also the perception of the world through the prism of the lens.” – Anna Zborowska – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „The School of Creative Photography helps you to develop your photography skills.The 2 years at the School was a well spent time.I recommend it for studying photography.Urszula Jaworska-(www.facebook.com/
ConvoitisePhotography) – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „This school not only teaches but also opens your mind. Discovers and brings out the layers of creativity and ideas that people do not expect.” – Piotr Nowaczyński – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „I have very positive impressions and memories related to the school. I recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about photography and develop their skills. „- Eliza Dychaczenko- graduate of the School of Creative Photography -Ukraine (translated from Polish)
- „The School of Creative Photography is a magic place in Cracow” – Agata Piętak – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
The Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design offers weekend schooling in photography.
If you are looking to learn photography, or maybe even one day wish to become a professional, then these classes are for you.
The program is set over the course of two years.
After you’ve completed the first year you will receive, a certificate of completion attesting of your knowledge and understanding of photography.
But if you want to go deeper, you can go on a second year and learn how to become a professional, by creating your own portfolio and having your exhibition.
You will then receive a diploma as a Fine Arts Photographer.
Program year 1: 18 (2 per month) week ends (From October to June), for a total of 30H per month (1H of class is 45min)
- Reportage: documentary, street, and story-based photography. Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Photoshop: Expressing a personal vision, image manipulation and using illustration and graphic retouching. Teacher: Tomasz Agat Blonski
- Technical aspects: composition, low key, High key. Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Portrait: Learning how to use light, natural, artificial, conveying beauty. Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Still life: Objects, brand images. Teacher: Joanna Gałuszka
- Reportage: Street, storybased photography part .Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Photoshop: Editing, image transforming part 2.Teacher: Tomasz Agat Blonski
- Fashion: Design, brand clothin. Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Film production: Documentary making, event filming.Teacher: Nathanaël Coetzee
- Architecture: HDR, long exposure. Teacher: Joanna Gałuszka
After the completion of the 1st year you will be offered to pursue studies in a 2nd year, from which you will receive a diploma.
The topics will be the following: Nude, Commercial graphics, Computer, Film Making, Fashion, Portfolio creating, Gum print, Food photography and Analog photography.
Price: 6500 pln (for a year)
The number of places are limited.
The School of Creative Photography is on the leading edge in taking a different approach on how Photography is taught. While most programs have lectures and study of Art History at their core, KSA’s School of Creative Photography focuses more on learning through practice rather than through constant theory.
With darkrooms and studios available to students for free, KSA has chosen to live by the motto of “Practice makes perfect.”
Also contributing to this “new style school” method is the connection that is fostered between the School of Creative Photography and other Arts schools (Dancing, acting, interior Design, Fashion design…). The program allows photography students access to models at the Model Agency Reklamex which is owned by the School and also Studios and darkroom in selected hours (ask for booking information).
Located in Krakow’s historic and bustling city center, the Krakow School of Art and Fashion Design is a displays modernity in art at its very best.
The School of Creative Photography ( Poland, Europe) is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture, and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory.
For registration and information please contact: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, Tel: (0 12) 656 17 26