Photography School in English
- Creative and Commercial Photography in English
- During our Two-Year, Full-Time DIPLOMA Program you will receive an intensive education with individual attention.
- The graduates receive a Diploma with the title – Fine Art Photographer.
- One to one support from lecturers is the way to assist students in professional growth.
- With a start day in October you’ll begin to build core photography skills and then move on to specialized classes.
- There are no entry exams. Number of places is limited.
- YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN ONCAMPUS OR ONLINE LEARNING
- LIVE ONLINE LEARNING SYSTEM – join online classes in real time – click here
You can also start classes online if you are waiting for a Polish visa and without any cost move to the group at school.
- 95% classes in professional studios.
We live by the motto of “Practice makes perfect.”
- Prepare an amazing portfolio which opens many doors and opportunities.
- ENROLL ONLINE
- Release your creative potential while studying all photography techniques.
- Learn from experienced and appreciated photographers.
- Attend the photography studio for free in extra time.
- Study Adobe programs.
- Work with fashion models from the Agency cooperating with the School.
- Cooperate with students from other our faculties: fashion design, acting, choreography, interior design.
- Practice your photography skills during fashion shows and shooting organised by the Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design.
- Meet international experts in various fields of art, and photography.
- Choose your favorite photography career and become an independent photographer.
- Present your photographs at exhibitions in art galleries in Cracow
- Spend at least two years living and studying in the city of Cracow, the cultural capital of Poland
- Cost of living in Cracow is cheaper than in 81% of cities in the World
JOIN OUR VIBRANT COMMUNITY, ALIVE WITH CREATIVE ENERGY.
- Diploma works
- Students works-career perspectives
- How to apply
- Language requirements
- Duration and fees
- Courses and workshops
- Contact us
- Why Cracow?
- Facebook Photography School
- Instagram Photography School
- Facebook KSA in English
- Photography School reviews
The 2 year full-time program of the School of Creative Photography ( Poland, Europe) ends up with diploma collection of photographs on a chosen theme.
For students who can not travel to Poland we have prepared Online Photography Diploma programe – click here.
The graduates receive diploma – Fine Art Photographer. Every student presents his work during an individual exhibition in one of the galleries in Cracow . The educational philosophy is not to cram in information, but to release creative potential. This is accomplished through the personal attention. The school’s program is composed in the way that allows student to study all photography techniques. The School of Creative Photography ( Poland, Europe) is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture, and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory. Photography School owns a professional computer lab.
There are separate workshops for wedding photography, fashion photography, commercial graphics, advertising photography, staging photography, photography Falt-lay, product photography, food photography, portrait, nude photography , reportage photography, figure photography, architecture photography, still life photography, experimental photography, landscape photography and visual arts, computer classes, presentation techniques and composition in photography . There also separate workshop for gumprint (an old technique which changes ordinary photos into extremely attractive artistic works in long lasting handmade process) and for liquid light photography (technique of pacing photography on different background like stones, wood, etc., involving use of specific emulsion). Except for regular classes students can attend photography studio for free.
The school is located in a pleasant and historic part of the city, an area characterized by its 19th century buildings. It’s location is both central (less than one mile from the Wawel Castle) and convenient – a two minute walk from public transport.
School has two modern buildings.
Central to the school’s philosophy is a concept of the artist-teacher. All teachers are employed part-time so they are able to pursue their professional carriers alongside their teaching. Many are established and distinguished photographers and bring to the school their invaluable professional experience. This system ensures that the students are taught by a variety of individuals who offer different perspectives. All teachers place a high value on initiative, entrepreneurship, determination, evidence of experimentation, and the students’ willingness to look at the chosen subject with a fresh eye and an enquiring and critical mind. General arts classes are taught by university professors, artists with great professional achievements, participating in many international exhibitions We invite also international experts in various fields of photography and art: Lucia Benická (Slovakia), Gary Baseman (USA), Mark Bickerstaffe (UK), Ernestine Ruben (USA), Naomi Rosenblum (USA), Martin Pegler (UK), Carol Morgan (UK) and more. The educational philosophy is not to cram an information but to release creative potential. This is accomplished through the personal attention. Our success is based entirely on the flexibility, variety and quality of the curriculum we offer. We attract students who want to invest in a creative education as their first step towards a fulfilling and expressive future.
At the below links you can see how our students work in the different workshops.Open the links and watch the variety of tasks which they have to accomplish. Each workshop is meant to prepare you for working in a different field of photography.As you see you will be prepared with us to work as a portrait photographer,fashion photographer or wedding photographer.You can also specialize in advertising,product,food,
architecture,landsape or reportage photography.Many of our graduates have excellent results working in these diverse fields of photography,some of them as freelancers and othres working with fashion magazines or advertising companies.
Number of places is limited. There are no entry exams.
Education at our school entitles you to apply for Polish visa.
Admission is open to any applicant with a high school diploma. No former study in the field of art is required, however, it is advantageous. It has been proven, that students without former artistic experience may have the talent to benefit enormously from taking our course of study. All that is required is a true interest in fashion or photography, creativity and commitment. We are dedicated to providing entry to people within age range and from diverse backgrounds. No portfolio is required. Although most of our students will one day work on assignment or begin their own businesses, some complete the course simply for the satisfaction that achievement brings.
When to apply
Application and admission is possible throughout the year. International students are strongly encouraged to apply early to allow time to complete all admission requirements. The school year starts at the beginning of October and lasts until around 20th of June. There are no extra entries in spring.
SCHOOL REGULATIONS (DOWNLOAD)
How to apply
Please enroll on-line at first: APPLY ON-LINE
Pay the registration fee and if you need Polish Visa you have to pay also tuition fee for the
Please send by post or bring required documents:
- International Student Application Form with your signature
- Statement – School Regulations with your signature
- Original certified copy of High School or University Diploma with official, notary translation into English by a court approved translator (if not in English)
- 2 photos
- A photocopy of the passport page with photo and personal data
- Confirmation of payment of registration fee and if you need Polish Visa confirmation of payment of tuition fee for the first semester
- Health insurance arranged with insurance agency before coming to Poland, translated into English.
The documents should be send to the following address:
Krakowskie Szkoły Artystyczne
ul. Zamoyskiego 52,
30-523 Kraków, Poland
The recruitment process finishes when all documents reach the School and the registration fee has reached the School account.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT NEED POLISH VISA
After we get all the above documents and payments you are admitted to school and we will send you confirmation by mail.
STUDENTS WHO NEED POLISH VISA
Fifth step – Polish Visa
After we get all the above documents and payments we will send you 2 documents:
- Certificate of Eligibility in English proving that you got Admission to our School
- Zaświadczenie – Certificate from the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education
We will also send you some information about what you need for applying for Polish Visa.
Accommodation in Cracow
ERASMUSU is the largest students community in Europe. You will be able to book verified accommodation through a safe system, not only in Cracow but also all around the world if you are planning to study abroad. You can also look up information about different cities and universities, read about experiences, check out destinations, reviews and evaluations or internship offers. Check our accommodations now.
What we offer in Erasmusu:
How to book in Erasmusu: Book the accommodation by paying the first month. The landlord has 48 hours to accept or refuse your offer. Once it is accepted, you can contact the landlord.
Classes will be held in English and command of English language on intermediate level is required. Polish classes are held for the first year of education. We advise to complete at least one month Polish course prior to the beginning of the school year to make your life in Poland easier or to take Polish language courses in your country.
For our perspective students who decide to study Polish in Cracow we are opening one month language course in September. Total cost of the month course (51 hours) is 225 Euros . The cost for people who are not our students is 300 Euro(51 hours). Payment must reach our bank account till 30 of July.
We recommend the following schools of Polish language.
Accent School of Polish
Varia Polish Language Center
Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design
ul. Zamoyskiego 52, 30-523 Kraków
tel. +48122662111, +48126561726
Full time: 2 year (4 semesters).
Weekly attendance 25-27 hours per week.
Education at our school entitles you to Polish visa.
Education fees in the school year 2021/2022:
Students are liable for bank charges and must instruct your bank accordingly.
Registration fee: 150 Euro
Education fees: 780 Euro per semester
Fees must be paid by transfer in Euro. Payment before the 15th of September and 15th of February.
Education fees for non EU Citizens
Education fees in the school year 2021/2022:
Students are liable for bank charges and must instruct your bank accordingly.
Registration fee: 250 Euro
Edcuation fees: 1500 Euro per Semester
Fees must be paid by transfer in Euro. Payment before the 15th of September and 15th of February.
Intensive Polish Language Course
For our perspective students who decide to study Polish in Cracow we are opening one month language course in September. Total cost of the month course (51 school hours) is 225 Euros . The cost for people who are not our students is 300 Euro(51 school hours). Payment must reach our bank account till 30 of July.
The bank account details:
Krakowskie Szkoły Artystyczne,
ul. Zamoyskiego 52, 30-523 Kraków, Poland
Santander Bank Polska
IBAN: PL06 1910 1048 2102 2006 1786 0002
- The above prices are valid until 31st of December 2018.
- The registration fee and education fees are non-refundable. No allowance is made for non attendance.
- There are no extra fees for taking part is scheduled fashion shows.
- The fees do not include the cost of materials necessary for attending classes such as paints,drawing paper, fabrics for collection, although the school may occasionally provide some necessary materials for students.
- Education fees are payable in advance and students who are in arrears will not be allowed to enroll for the next year.
- Many students may be eligible for financial assistance from their local education authority,in such cases the school is happy to provide any documentation to assist students in obtaining financial aid.
Average cost of living in Cracow
The average rent for a one bedroom apartment is around 300 Euros per month. You can also share a flat with other students and lessen the cost dramatically. We can recommend reliable owners and estate agents. The best time for seeking an apartment is July and August. Monthly cost of living for a single person in Cracow is 200-250 Euros.
Courses and workshops – click here
Welcome to Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design,
School of Creative Photography
Please visit and contact us Monday-Friday
9.00 A.M. – 4.00 P.M. (Central European Time (CET) +01 UTC
ul. Zamoyskiego 52, 30-523 Krakow, Poland
11 reasons to study in Cracow
Cracow is the cultural capital of Poland. It’s a historic city whose unique atmosphere is created by its numerous students!
Did you know…
- everything here is within walking distance, so you’re always in the middle of things
- it’s a city that never sleeps
- Cracow is a place where dreams come true
- only here you will find Kazimierz, a charming quarter with hundreds of magical and thought-provoking locations
- the people in Cracow are truly kind-hearted and helpful
- there’s always something happening here: you can attend cultural events, performances and festivals
- the city’s renowned artistic circles will welcome you
- Europe’s biggest main square is located in the heart of the city
- Cracow is truly a place to fall in love with
- it’s a city which constantly attracts and inspires
- you can spend the best years of your life here – and you will not want to leave!
Would you like to study in Cracow and develop your artistic interests? Do you want to turn your passion into a profession? Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design is your best choice! Find out more by phone at (+48)122662111 or e-mail email@example.com
fot. Andreas Thomasberger
fot. Dawid H. Groński
Facebook SKF – click here
Instagram SKF – click here
Facebook KSA in English – click here
- „I’ve learned all areas of photography. It was challenging English group. However it is a good opportunity to learn Polish in the place. School provides Polish classes included in the school price and teachers are always helpful. I highly recommend the school for its level of education also the city itself is full of art / cultural activities.”/Güler Soysal TURKEY
- 2 years in the School was an amazing time. The School is really specific in my opinion. That’s what I really liked about the school. The spirit and atmosphere. The teachers are very helpful and open – minded what I appreciate the most. They let you be yourself. . ” – Michaela Metesova (www.michaelametesova.com, www.partofstreet.com) – graduate of the School of Creative Photography -Slovakia
- If it was not for School of Creative Photography, I would probably not be in the same place where I am now. I was able to set up a company and started to be self-employed before I was twenty-two. I loved classes at the School very much and sometimes I miss the atmosphere, challenges and Ms Marzena Kolarz who, like no one else, was able to discover our best sides. These four semesters at the School of Creative Photography have given me more than I could have imagined: they helped me to believe in myself and my abilities, but also taught me to look critically at my work; I was often torned out of the comfort zone, thanks to which it turned out that many areas that I thought were completely foreign to me became closer to my heart than I could have ever imagined. And the School has showed me what kind of photographer I want to be and gave me the opportunity to create a diploma that I can be proud of. I would not exchange these two years for anything else. ” – Agata Weber – a graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „Two years ago, I figured out that I need something more in life. I was professionally stable and happy with my family, but… I felt a lack of something just for me. I have found it in a place where I always wanted to go back. For many years Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design was in my head for various reasons and I was always saying that I will go back there. I did. And I am very happy about this.
I wasn’t expecting that two years at School of Creative Photography will cost so much effort. This is not a school for those who want to linger, blink from work or just finish it. You don’t go to this school to just snap some photos. It doesn’t mean that I was hoping to do nothing, but I didn’t expect such a large scope of work. I’m not saying that’s a minus – for me it was very pleasant surprise. In such a situation victory tastes better .
The staff taking up the challenge of teaching at this school is amazing. Each of them and all together create a unique atmosphere. Everyone give something different, but in their own unique way. Their requirements are big, however I take it as an advantage. Each photographic exercise causes the opening of another chapter in head. I have open mine so much that it would be good to repeat a year. During revelatory activities a man comes to know that he doesn’t know a thing, but the knowledge is shared in such a way that you’re up to thank that you discovered it.
The whole path through various fields of photography is also extremely valuable. Experimental, traditional, digital photography, variety of subjects. Each of these things open minds, but only to those who want to open them, without restrictions on the specific sphere of the art of photography. A man learns a lot of interesting things about himself. For example that he’s not that great in field he considered as his future work, but he turns out to be great in a field that he wouldn’t expect.
To make it not that sweet, I admit that not everything is perfect. Nowhere is. However, when it comes about the general view – while leaving school, I have a feeling of great satisfaction. Satisfaction about work that teachers did to educate my art-refractory mind, about the program that school offers, and about the scope of work that I had to put into obtaining a diploma. Everything contributes to success.
And since I’ve already mentioned the diploma I have to warn you. It is not easy to finish this school. A necessity to pass the semester while working on the diploma, creating a portfolio and preparing an exhibition – it’s craziness. However, the experience gained while implementing the school’s requirements in mentioned areas – it’s priceless. Big requirements, but that’s the thing if someone wants to learn. Really learn. The satisfaction you get at the end of the road is a motivation for further work. I recommend Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design with a clear conscience, especially when it comes to search your own place on Earth, developing your talents or simply checking your strengths in the art of photography.” – Kasia Szymańska-Polek – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „I remember this torment, the fight for the studio, the emptiness in my head when a naked model appeared in front of my camera. These awful hours of postproduction
and corrections during credits, this boring product photography , architecture and for me not really necessary composition classes .This School will give you just as much (and as much) as you want to take from it. Teachers are like parents supporting but also very demanding.They expect a lot from you because their passion is to motivate you, to kill your laziness and ” whatever comes let it come” attitude. You can „swim” through this school and do nothing, and you can take advantage of knowledge and experience, you can change your whole life and open up for new perspectives. After diploma you feel that you can do everything. „- Wiktoria Wilk – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „School of Creative Photography provides for 2 years so many wonderful memories that it is very difficult to point something most impressive, but for sure I will not forget the already famous nights at school – it can not be repeated or described. The School has helped me a lot in my professional development in fashion photography. There were always great emotions at class, Ms. Marzena knew how to motivate us to do the next exercise. I will remember all teachers very well because I have learned very useful things from everybody and sometimes they told – especially the Director – super anecdotes that caused a great atmosphere at class. I recommend Cracow School of Art to everyone – you can not describe it – you have to live it! „- Bastek Czernek – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „It’s the best college I went to, I regret that it was only two years. I recommend the School to everybody who want to learn not only photography but also the perception of the world through the prism of the lens.” – Anna Zborowska – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „The School of Creative Photography helps you to develop your photography skills.The 2 years at the School was a well spent time.I recommend it for studying photography.Urszula Jaworska-(www.facebook.com/
ConvoitisePhotography) – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „This school not only teaches but also opens your mind. Discovers and brings out the layers of creativity and ideas that people do not expect.” – Piotr Nowaczyński – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)
- „I have very positive impressions and memories related to the school. I recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about photography and develop their skills. „- Eliza Dychaczenko- graduate of the School of Creative Photography -Ukraine (translated from Polish)
- „The School of Creative Photography is a magic place in Cracow” – Agata Piętak – graduate of the School of Creative Photography – SKF (translated from Polish)