Photo report from the Masterclass with Roger Ballen - KSA
One of the best contemporary photographers in the world, Roger Ballen visited our School of Creative Photography. See photos from the event!
In September, our school was visited by one of the largest and most influential contemporary photographers, a visual artist – Roger Ballen. He is the author of several books, of an individual photo exhibition during the Biennale Arte 2022 in Venice, whose works are in over 50 the most important international museum collections.
Photos from the Masterclass with Roger Ballen: Ryszard Cabała
Roger Ballen’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rogerballen/
Roger Ballen (born April 11, 1950) is an American artist living in Johannesburg, South Africa. He’s working in its surrounds since the 1970s. His oeuvre, which spans five decades, began with the documentary photography field. Then his creativity evolved into the creation of distinctive fictionalized realms that also integrate the mediums of film, installation, theatre, sculpture, painting and drawing. . Marginalized people, animals, found objects, wires and childlike drawings inhabit the unlocatable worlds presented in Ballen’s artworks. Ballen describes his works as existential psychodramas that touch the subconscious mind and evoke the underbelly of the human condition. They aim to break through the repressed thoughts and feelings by engaging him in themes of chaos and order, madness or unruly states of being, the human relationship to the animal world, life and death, universal archetypes of the psyche and experiences of otherness.
Photography School in English
- Creative and Commercial Photography in English.
- OnCampus, Two-Year, Full-Time DIPLOMA Program.
- GET YOUR DIPLOMA – Fine Art Photographer.
- No entry exams. Number of places is limited.
- You can start classes online while waiting for a Polish visa and then move to the group at school.
- SCHOLARSHIP for top student and awards for students during education.
- No age limit.
- From starting day in October 95% classes in photo studios.
- The School of Creative Photography is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture, and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory.
HOW OUR SCHOOL WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED?
- Receive an intensive education with individual attention.
- Begin to build core photography skills and then move on to specialized classes – see students works.
- Prepare an amazing PORTFOLIO which opens many doors.
- Release your creative potential while studying all photography techniques.
- Learn from experienced and appreciated photographers.
- Attend the photography studio for free in extra time.
- Get access to Adobe programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, After Effects, Bridge, Dimension, Media Encoder, Camra Raw for free at School.
- Work with professional fashion models.
- Cooperate with our Fashion Design School and have a chance to publish in FASHION MAGAZINES.
- Practice your photography skills during fashion shows and shootings – INTERNSHIP at School.
- Meet international experts in various fields of art, and photography.
- Present your photos at exhibitions in art galleries in Cracow.
- Take part in PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITIONS.
- Be informed about job opportunities.
- Learn about METAVERSE, NFT, 3D program – ways to generate extra income.
- Choose your favorite photography career and become an independent photographer.