About International School of Fashion Design in English
International School of Fashion Design in English:
- The school is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture, and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory. The school is opened for international students and education is held in English. Our intensive and comprehensive academic education in fashion allows students to prepare an excellent portfolio.
- Education in Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design entitles you to apply for Polish visa.
- The graduates receive diploma – Fashion Designer.
- Since many years the School’s graduates have been taking part in Polish and international contests for fashion schools in Europe and they have won numerous prizes of high importance for their carriers:
- Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design (Poland, Europe) is the only private school of fashion to have received the Honorary Golden Thread – a very prestigious award for distinguished individuals and institutions in Polish fashion, granted by the Lodz International Fair (MTL).
- Our graduates have won numerous awards in Polish as well as international competitions – most recently Anka Letycja Walicka won the international competition Fashion Culture in London, in which the second and third places were taken by graduates from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
- The school is a partner of international competitions: Fashion Culture (London), Habitus Baltija (Riga), Russian Silhuette (Moscow), Mielnica Fashion (Minsk), Donetsk Fashion Days (Donetsk), Jeansation (Monte Carlo).
- SAPU’s graduates hold prestigious internships abroad and work in the world’s top fashion houses like Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, John Galliano, Claude Bonucci,
- In 1999 Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design was awarded prestigious prize „The Silver Loop” for its contribution into the development of Polish fashion industry granted by Poznań International Fair.
- Since 1994 Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design has educated more than 1,500 designers who work in fashion companies in Poland, Europe and in rest of the World. Many design under their own brand name and are currently recognized in the fashion industry.
- Thanks to the Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design diploma show and an intensive promotion of SAPU graduates, the City of Krakow was the 23rd in the ranking of the world’s fashion capitals in 2013 overtaking , Frankfurt, Vienna and San Francisco.
- You can find articles about SAPU and its graduates in significant magazines both Polish and international – Vogue, Collezioni, WGSN, Dexigner and more.
- Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design is organizing a prestigious diploma show – Cracow Fashion Awards, which opens Cracow Fashion Week and attracts major media representatives and fashion celebrities from Poland and Europe.
At SAPU the students are in the heart of a vibrant community, alive with creative energy. They are surrounded by people who love what they do, who have ideas and talent, plans and passion. What happens in the classroom reflects what goes on every day in the industry’s workshops, showrooms and studios. Fashion is a highly diverse industry and it takes determination, hard work, flexibility, and passion to succeed. Our school is for self motivated fashion enthusiasts, informed and mature enough to commit to a course that is demanding in both its breadth and depth. Students receive an intensive education with individual attention. The school, in a single location,allows students to interact freely and often, encouraging an exchange of ideas and debate. The informal, lively atmosphere creates a community of working artists.
Graduates’ carrier prospects
Our graduates work in all areas of fashion and within a wide variety of fashion companies, both manufacturers and retailers. Job descriptions include, design entrepreneurs, freelance designers and consultants, pattern cutters, fashion journalists, stylists, photographers, illustrators, merchandisers and public relations representatives. Some graduates set up their own workshops, and achieve independence and respect as professionals, selling their unique skills and work. During five semesters of study at SAPU you can prepare an outstanding portfolio of art work, paintings, design and photos which will open doors to the best fashion schools in Europe including Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London and the Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts.
Central to the school’s philosophy is a concept of the artist-teacher. All teachers are employed part-time so they are able to pursue their professional carriers alongside their teaching. Many are established and distinguished fashion designers and bring to the school their invaluable professional experience. This system ensures that the students are taught by a variety of individuals who offer different perspectives. All teachers place a high value on initiative, entrepreneurship, determination, evidence of experimentation, and the students’ willingness to look at the chosen subject with a fresh eye and an enquiring and critical mind. General arts classes are taught by university professors, artists with great professional achievements, participanting in many international exhibitionsWe invite also international experts in various fields of design and art: Lucia Benická (Slovakia), Gary Baseman (USA), Mark Bickerstaffe (UK), Ernestine Ruben (USA), Naomi Rosenblum (USA), Martin Pegler (UK), Veronique Rouge (France), Joanna Błażejowska – Pecorari (France), Carol Morgan (UK) and more. The educational philosophy is not to cram an information but to release creative potential. This is accomplished through the personal attention. Our success is based entirely on the flexibility, variety and quality of the curriculum we offer. We attract students who want to invest in a creative education as their first step towards a fulfilling and expressive future.